You MUST CONTACT US for authorization prior to shipping any firearm or suppressor. The shipment of firearms is regulated by state and federal law as well as by individual carriers. We have compiled this "Shipping Checklist" to maximize the probabilty that your firearm will arrive on time and not damaged while at the same time minimizing the shipping cost. Although there are a variety of carriers and an endless scenario of shipping situations, the list provided below should serve as a guideline and your own circumstances and common sense may necessitate that you make some changes to fit your specific situation. Subject to applicable laws and our receiving requirements, shipping decisions are your decision and responsibility.
A form 5 is not required for shipping an NFA firearm to an SOT (Class 2) for repair. However, please read, make sure you understand and comply with the FIREARM SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES on this page BEFORE shipping us any firearms.
- Make sure your firearm is not loaded. Use a wire tie, pipe cleaner, a piece of "weedwhacker" line or roll up a piece of paper and stick it in the chamber and let the bolt close on it so that it is sticking out the ejection port side, which makes it obvious that it is not loaded in case you have to open the box for inspection. Do what ever it takes to ensure that you do not ship a loaded firearm.
- Pack and pad it well so that the carrier does not damage it while in transit.
- Do not ship it with any ammo anywhere in the box. None.
- Do not include any accessories with it such as scopes, stocks, padded hard cases, unless specifically instructed to do so by Tactical Innovations.
- Try to use the original box for shipping and put that in another exterior box.
- Do not identify the box as a firearm anywhere on the packaging.
- Include a detailed list itemizing the reason(s) the firearm is being returned. Include a LEGIBLE photocopy of the front of your drivers license or Form 4. If your address has changed since your form 4, also include a LEGIBLE copy of your current drivers license for our return shipping documentation. Your firearm can only be shipped to the address on your Form 4 or to your driver's license address.
- Include credit card information for the repair work cost as well as the return shipping.
- Declare it as a firearm with the carrier and tell them that its going back to a federally licensed manufacturer for repair.
- Insure it by declaration on the shipping document for replacement value.
- Require an "Adult Signature Required" release for the package.
- When you complete the shipping document, for "Description", legibly write "LOCK UP - FIREARM" and then the last few numbers of your serial number. Save your shipping receipt so that you have proof that it was shipped in the rare event there is a problem.
- Mailing, shipping and telephone contact information are available at the bottom of each page. Additional contact information is available at CONTACT US.