JOB TITLE: CNC MACHINIST
Tactical Innovations Inc., a manufacturer of firearms, receivers and sound suppressors as well as a variety of accessories for the shooting and hunting industries, is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist for its Bonners Ferry, ID facility.
Tactical Innovations is a small company with ample room for personal as well as financial growth for the right applicant.
Our production facility is located in Northern Idaho in the heart of America's recreation paradise. Candidates that enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, shooting, boating, fishing and hunting will appreciate being able to live in area known for its sportsman's activities. The rural setting provides a lower cost of living in a more traditional small town environment that includes minimal crime, excellent public schools, postcard scenery and solid relationships with neighbors.
This is NOT an entry level position. Candidates MUST have CNC vertical mill and CNC lathe experience. Specifically:
- Setup and operate CNC Lathes and CNC mills. Wire EDM experience a plus. Complete set-up to include download CNC programs, select and prepare tooling and fixtures, conduct first part inspection, and make required program adjustments as necessary.
- Validate parts for quality per print specification.
- Operate multiple machines with typical tasks such as load & unload, visual inspection, measurement of parts to insure conformance, make necessary adjustments such as tooling and offset changes when required.
- Be responsible for overall quality level and production output of assigned machines.
- Ability to read, understand and modify G-Code machine instructions.
- Ability to use various precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform QA/QC functions on production parts.
- Working knowledge of blueprint/schematic reading.
- Working knowledge of machine capabilities and processes.
- Working skill to get along with others in a team setting.
- Working skill to perform precise and detailed work.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
(1) a strong firearms related understanding and background and
(2) a strong mechanical background for maintenance and repair related operations.
Applicants must meet the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to work any shift.
- Be able to understand, read and write English.
- Be able to perform fundamental math calculations.
- Be a U.S. citizen without any felony convictions.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Be tobacco free.
- Have a verifiable good attendance and good safety record.
- Have good housekeeping and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work independently without continual supervision.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume with salary history and requirements via email to email@example.com or by fax at 208-267-1597.
Tactical Innovations Inc. will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.